Digital Resources, Research Questions, Finding Books & More: Have a Question? Just Ask!
- “I’d like to suggest Vanderbilt purchase a book or subscription”
- “Can you help me decide where to start searching for potential sources.”
- “Do I have access to PubMed/Medline?”
- “I have an outstanding late fee on my student account for a book .. please help me get this removed”
- “I’m doing a research project on… can you help me get started?”
This is a very small sampling of the approximately 50 questions per day library staff receive via our live chat service, Ask a Librarian. Students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members can use the chat feature on the library’s website to ask questions related to any number of library services and resources – from questions about your library account, to the hours the library is open, to how to get started researching a particular topic. Library staff will help you get started with your question, and refer you to subject specialists or other librarians as needed.
Chat services are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday, Noon – 6 p.m., with extended hours during exams. For off hours, you are encouraged to submit your question via our online form – just click on the “Ask a Librarian” and someone will get back to you the next business day. Students and faculty with disciplinary research questions are also welcome to contact our subject librarians directly.
Have a question? Just Ask!