Summer 2018 is proving to be an exciting and busy time for the Vanderbilt Libraries as we move to an entirely revamped digital footprint including a new Integrated Library System (the library catalog search and backend operations), as well as a new library web presence, and improved course reading list software. These changes were based on input and feedback from students and faculty. The system we are now using is used by most of the leading research libraries, including Harvard, the British Library, and Princeton, so we are in good company. Our goal has been to provide a more powerful search engine, while making the resources of Vanderbilt’s Libraries easier to search.
- New Library Search which combines our print and digital material.
- The ability to refine one’s search in a variety of ways (date, format, etc.)
- Streamlined access to digital materials (less clicks!)
- More relevant results when signing in with your VUNet ID
- Quick link to ILL
- Fresh look to our website
- Integration of librarian-curated course and subject research guides into Brightspace; accessible via the “Library Resources” tab
- Update of the course reading list software
Check the Vanderbilt Library Upgrade page for more information.
Training dates for our new search system will be announced shortly.