Vanderbilt University deeply values the neighbors, community partners and visitors who make the campus community so vibrant. The Fine Arts Gallery, the History of Medicine Collections and the Special Collections and University Archives Library never stopped providing online access to collections and online reference throughout the pandemic, and will continue to do so. We are pleased to welcome visitors back to these facilities by appointment beginning July 6, 2021. Read the MyVU story.
COVID-19 safety protocols for visitors include:
- Visitors must request an appointment to use the collections. Please allow 48 hours’ notice when making appointments. Many of our materials are stored offsite and require sufficient time for safe retrieval and access.
- For Special Collections or History of Medicine Collections research, please complete this appointment form; for questions related to using these collections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For University Fine Arts Gallery appointment requests, please email email@example.com.
- Appointments will be scheduled in two-hour research blocks. You may book up to two sessions per day.
- Visitors wishing to remain unmasked on campus will be asked to submit written verification that they are fully vaccinated—two weeks past their second dose in a two-dose vaccine such as Pfizer or Moderna, or two weeks past their single-dose of Johnson & Johnson. The university expects that many members of our campus community will continue to wear face masks/coverings, and the university supports their choice to do so.
- No food or drink is allowed in the Gallery, the History of Medicine Collections, or in Special Collections and University Archives.