Tuesday, February 16 | 2:15-3:00 p.m.
Google Scholar is one of the most popular research databases, but it is not sufficient when you are seeking comprehensive field-specific literature. This workshop will focus on two key STEM databases—PubMed, which is an essential database for medical literature, and SciFinder, which is equally important for chemistry and biochemistry. The workshop will demonstrate both general search strategies and those that are unique to PubMed and SciFinder.
- Learn how to use the databases SciFinder and PubMed, key conduits into scientific literature
- Use database search features to identify relevant articles and research
- Use Google Scholar effectively as a searching tool for scientific/medical literature
- Presentation Slides with a link to a Google Form used for an activity
- Workshop Activity Google Form with activities for each database demonstrated during the session