The Writing Studio is excited to announce the 15th Annual Undergraduate Writing Symposium, the first of two writing symposium events in spring 2023. In honor of the symposium’s 15th anniversary and Discovery Vanderbilt, the theme of this year’s symposium will be “Writing as Discovery.”
The Undergraduate Writing Symposium will feature the academic writing of first-year and advanced research writers.
UWS 2023 Schedule-at-a-Glance
- 3:00-3:15: Panelist Check-In
- 3:15-3:30: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 3:30-4:10: Spotlight Panel
- 4:15-4:55: Concurrent Session 1, Panels A & B
- 5:00-5:55: Concurrent Session 2, Panels C & D
- 6:00: Closing Remarks and Reception
Event Program: The full program of presenters can now be viewed on the Writing Studio’s Symposium 2023 page.
Asynchronous Gallery: Essays by first-year student presenters will appear in Scaffold: A Showcase of Vanderbilt First-Year Writing (Vol. 5, Spring 2023) alongside a multimedia reflection by each author.
The Undergraduate Writing Symposium is co-sponsored by the Marth Rivers Ingram Commons and the Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries.