We are excited to announce a new program that we are piloting in the Spring 2023 term titled “Write On!” This program will take advantage of new and existing resources to support and guide writing progress and productivity during your academic training at Vanderbilt through a radical collaboration between The Graduate School’s Graduate and Postdoc Academic Success (GPAS) program, The Writing Studio, Center for Student Wellbeing and University Libraries. We have developed this program is in response to feedback and requests for strategies, accountability, and connection with peers during the challenging writing process.
Included in the program:
- You will be matched with a writing group of graduate students/postdocs that will meet weekly or bi-weekly for accountability and support throughout the semester – option to join the group in person or virtually. The program will also help identify campus-based space to hold your group sessions.
- Guided programming from the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) through Vanderbilt’s institutional membership and Vanderbilt opportunities from The Writing Studio, University Libraries and Peak Performance (from GPAS and Student Care Network).
- There will be weekly goals for making progress through skill building, as well as utilization of strategies and resources.
The attached flier gives more details on the commitments involved and application link. We will also be holding Zoom information sessions at the following times if you would like to learn more:
- Monday – November 28 1:00 – 2:00 PM (click for Zoom link)
- Wednesday – November 30 12:30 – 1:30 PM (click for Zoom link)
Or feel free to email GPAS@vanderbilt.edu with questions. Applications are Due December 1.