Discover the surprising ancestral stories in your family at “Who’s in Your Tree?” a free drop-in genealogy workshop sponsored by the Friends of Vanderbilt’s Libraries. Whether you are an accomplished genealogist or a beginner, all are welcome.
Genealogy experts and librarians will be available to guide and answer questions. Those same experts will deliver short talks throughout the day:
- 11:30 Hidden Stories: Unlocking History with Heirlooms
- 12:00 Why Join a Lineage Society?
- 12:30 Finding Ancestors in the Volunteer State
- 1:00 Planning a Genealogy Trip
- 1:30 Conducting a Successful Oral History Interview
- 2:00 Researching African American History
- 2:30 Commonly Used Genealogy Electronic Resources
The free event will be held at the Vanderbilt Central Library, Community Room on Saturday, April 18 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Attendance is limited and tickets, which are available through Eventbrite, must be shown at the door. Tickets and more information
Convenient parking in Wesley Place garage, corner of 21st Avenue South and Scarritt Place.