The university libraries are closely following all communications and guidelines regarding COVID-19. Now, as always, the libraries are committed to providing high-quality library and information services to Vanderbilt students and faculty.
Central, Biomedical, and Law Libraries are currently open. The Management Library’s study spaces and Print Center remain open while Library Services have gone remote and will offer services from 8am-6pm weekdays. You can find the libraries’ current hours here.
If you have any questions about library services please reach out to us at ManagementLibrary@vanderbilt.edu or 615-322-2970.
We are actively working to bring more of our resources and services online for remote teaching and learning. Here are a few items of note:
- Any items currently checked out and due between March 8th and May 7th now have an extended due date of May 8, 2020.
- We have expanded our document delivery service, allowing us to digitize print materials in library collections upon request (for students or faculty).
- Virtual library machines, with software and database access, are enabled; VMWare required. VMWare Instructions
- We can consult on copyright clearance, fair use, and licensing of course materials in an online learning environment or video capture.
- We offer one-on-one information consultation to remote users using Zoom and Skype.
- Librarians can schedule “live” or recorded research workshops for student groups or classes. Library workshops will be recorded and shared.
- Research Guides can be developed for specific assignments or courses and are already available for many subjects.
There is more to come, we are working on additional changes, e.g. virtual chat and self-check-out services.
As you move to online learning environments, please let us know about any library or information concerns and how we can help. Follow us on Instagram for updates!