The university libraries are closely following all communications and guidelines regarding COVID-19. Now, as always, the libraries are committed to providing high-quality library and information services to Vanderbilt students and faculty.
All campus libraries, including the Peabody Library, are currently open with some alteration to our regularly posted hours. The Peabody Library will be open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm starting Friday March 13th. Should this change, you will find our current hours here.
If you have any questions about library services please reach out to us at email@example.com or 615-322-8098.
We are actively working to bring more of our resources and services online for remote teaching and learning. Here are a few items of note:
- For any items currently checked out, the due date for all regular circulating materials has been extended to May 8, 2020. Items may be returned to the library via mail. You may also return items before you leave campus.
- We have expanded our document delivery service, allowing us to digitize print materials in library collections upon request (for students or faculty).
- We can consult on copyright clearance, fair use, and licensing of course materials in an online learning environment or video capture.
- We offer one-on-one information consultation to remote users using Zoom and Skype.
- Librarians can schedule “live” or recorded research workshops for student groups or classes. Library workshops will be recorded and shared.
- Research Guides can be developed for specific assignments or courses and are already available for many subjects.
There is more to come and we are working on additional changes, including virtual chat services.
As you move to online learning environments, please let us know about any library or information concerns and how we can help.