Matters of the Heart: The Library’s role in heart health and understanding
Highlights from the blog post by Patti Brennan, Director of the US National Library of Medicine
Full blog post located here: https://nlmdirector.nlm.nih.gov/2018/02/13/matters-of-the-heart/
- Heart Disease is leading cause of death for men & women.
- PubMed, delivers the latest findings on heart disease and its prevention.
- Clinicaltrials.gov helps people interested in participating in research on heart diseases find a study.
- NLM’s History of Medicine Division‘s blog, Circulating Now, explored William Harvey’s ground-breaking anatomical discoveries published in his 1628 work Exercitatio anatomica de motu cordis et sanguinis in animalibus.
- NLM’s Profiles in Science collection shares the papers of notable physicians whose work has transformed the treatment of heart disease, including legendary heart surgeons Michael E. DeBakey, Adrian Kantrowitz, and Henry Swan.
Featured Image is a wood cut of the four views of the heart by Jacopo Berengario da Carpi from 1523